124 on Brunswick Bed and Breakfast was assessed and awarded a Qualmark Enviro-Bronze rating for environmental, responsible and sustainable tourism in 2008
OUR STATEMENT OF CARE
Our business has developed the following environmental policy that is based on a commitment to improving our environmental performance across all areas of our business practice, and in the service and experience we offer.
Our sustainability will be an ongoing journey which will improve with time and experience. In order to achieve this we pledge the following:
- To think before we buy – informed buying decisions can help us reduce the amount of raw materials used in manufactured goods, eliminate air and land pollution, cut waste volumes and support local businesses. This can also help stop the destruction of valuable native forests and natural habitats around the world.
- To think before we use – efficient use of energy, water, office products, fuel and other resources we use to ensure our business reduces our environmental impact.
- To think before we discard – recycling and composting as much waste as possible can help reduce air and land pollution, and reduce the amount going into landfills.
- To protect wildlife and natural habitats – grounds are maintain in an environment sensitive way, which helps ensure native trees, insects and birds thrive, and that run-off from our property does not pollute streams or drain into sea. We have planted over 3000 native trees and bushes within our grounds.
- To commit to legal compliance – our business ensures compliance with relevant environmental legislation and regulations, and other requirements to which we subscribe.
- To educate and grow – Our business will make our guests aware of what we are doing and inform them how they can actively participate in helping our environmental sustainability.